Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  TRUE : (12 July 2018 - 10:02 AM) candyman
@  oz0rs : (05 July 2018 - 08:51 PM) jup
@  ind0steelo : (04 July 2018 - 01:05 PM) sof2 key
@  ind0steelo : (04 July 2018 - 12:56 PM) DB bestaat nog
@  ind0steelo : (04 July 2018 - 12:56 PM) lolllllllll
@  Belgian Guy : (16 June 2018 - 08:45 PM) Same here guid 57cf7
@  Nems : (16 June 2018 - 04:19 PM) unaccepted module found 20bd3
@  Ring : (16 June 2018 - 01:18 PM) unaccapted module 944ee5, if youd be so kind
@  skyloline : (13 June 2018 - 10:16 AM) sup
@  Skiller : (11 June 2018 - 03:58 PM) it was ;-(
@  Ive : (10 June 2018 - 10:53 PM) It is <3
@  shift : (06 June 2018 - 01:59 AM) db is life
@  shift : (06 June 2018 - 01:59 AM) db is love
@  sndkz : (02 June 2018 - 12:58 AM) https://www.youtube....h?v=qrnYS_fMGSI
@  vo!ume : (31 May 2018 - 07:14 PM) translate guys. use it on the right side
@  vo!ume : (31 May 2018 - 07:14 PM) https://www.timotejz...vnim-zasluzkom/
@  Fritz : (23 May 2018 - 02:19 PM) @Ive I am sorry if my comment offended you this much.
I meant no harm, it was merely a suggestion nothing else.
@  Ive : (23 May 2018 - 01:48 PM) @Stark.420 your wrong. We respect each other (of course there are exeptions, like always:/) but when I read 333rd message: "demo is dead come full".... just stop bother us, we dont want to .. kurwa years going on and we still stick to demo so maybe we are ok with this level of activity. Besides full and demo isn't same game. We play demo, you play full. We don't go to full forums to cry: full isn't active enough, but you DO! You come to demobase ONLY to cry demo is dead (lies) and we all NEED to move on full. You guys don't make sense at all. So next time when u wanna cry full isn't that active as it should be PLEASE don't interfere it with demo. Greetz.

P.S. I strongly recomend all players from full should move to demo because full isn't active enough and we should all play one game. Demo clearly is better so.. See you all on hitmans.
@  Stark.420 : (22 May 2018 - 03:15 PM) see this is the perfect example of the remainders of demo, i dont need to explain myself. @Ive
@  Ive : (22 May 2018 - 02:47 PM) yesss ppl used to talk about u like this: no ppl for mix he doesn't count
@  Fritz : (22 May 2018 - 06:15 AM) Haha I am glad that you know me - everyone knows me ;)
@  Ive : (21 May 2018 - 02:12 PM) ohhh what a shame :)) I know u very well fritzgaylord with ping > 300, every time we played against each other u lose
@  Fritz : (21 May 2018 - 11:17 AM) Ive, I have never heard of you before and I have played this game since 2010. You are either very noob or a nobody, either way stfu
@  Ive : (21 May 2018 - 08:36 AM) Fritz, full sucks as hard as u.
@  Fritz : (21 May 2018 - 02:01 AM) and also do you guys play demo, full or gold?

I would encourage you to come to FULL
@  Fritz : (21 May 2018 - 01:55 AM) @Mokap bring the brasil community to demobase
@  Ive : (18 May 2018 - 12:46 PM) @Stark.420 I think we play against each other not vs noobs
@  Stark.420 : (17 May 2018 - 04:11 PM) A bunch of biased friends that only fight noobs dont count @Ive
@  Mokap : (17 May 2018 - 03:29 AM) Sof2 is not dead! True, many players are coming back. http://sof2brasil.rf.gd
@  Ive : (15 May 2018 - 02:59 PM) @Fritz Demo isn't dead, every evening ppl play on tea hitmans but u don't realize it even in next 10 years that we are not interested in moving to game that we don't like same for old players/

Photo

Suggestions

227 replies to this topic

#221 sember

sember

FNG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Full Clan:~*Ra/
  • Fairplay Guid:99af4

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

Since there have been several kids ddossing ppl on full i came to think if there is any way to get player ip's hidden with fairplay? Its just too easy to those kids get our ip's from fairplay site and changin my ip wont help me since the new ip shows instantly in there too.
Then u cant see if someone is faking others name by ip but we still have guids wich should be enough tough?

Soon i dont have any other way than stop using fairplay and start using anticheat eventough i dont trust that program at all, but atleast then those kids cant get my ip so easily. If that ddos want regular i wouldnt bother to do anything but its been week on row now and everytime when we are scrimin (and it happens atleast half scrim wich sucks)

#222 Guest_forgylicious_*

Guest_forgylicious_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:17 PM

Any server you join on sof2 will broadcast your connecting IP address regardless of whether you use fairplay or not. Same with their anti-cheat. If you want people to stop knowing your IP address, you need to disconnect your computer from the internet.

#223 sember

sember

FNG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

Hmmh so u mean that ppl can see my ip address always even when they are not in same server than me? And hows that possible?
My point there was that person who i think is ddossing me is banned from server where i play cant get my ip from fairplay site anymore.
So it narrows possibility getting ddossed lilbit. And then i can see who knows my ip on server at the time and then there is about 8-14 players who could be behind it. Now i can only gues who it is from hundreds of players who can see it by fairplay site.

Bad explanation but hope u get my point :) And i was told that some servers shows ur ip allways when u check players but that could be turned off somehow from server statistic, dont know if thats true or not tough.

#224 Guest_forgylicious_*

Guest_forgylicious_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

All I'm saying is that whenever you are connected to anything on the internet, your IP is publicly broadcasted to the server as well as accessible via clients who are connected to that server as well. There are methods you can take to hide your IP address, or set your IP to assign you a dynamic IP that changes every time you re-establish your connection to the Internet (this way they'd have to take a few more steps to be able to DDoS).

In terms of the actual DDoS, there are many ways to prevent this from occurring in the future. I doubt the creator of Fairplay is anywhere around to update the client to satisfy your needs, and I believe there are good reasons behind keeping the IP address available. You can change the MAC address  of the computer in question by a single character. You can contact your ISP about a denial of service and they should be able to help you through the steps to take to either block the offender or change your IP. If you don't want to expose your actual IP address to the internet, try using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) or Proxy Server (which you can easily setup in your Networking Settings on Windows). Here's a free VPN resource (http://www.justfreevpn.com/).

Regardless of all this, understand that there is a difference between a DDoS and a DoS attack. A DDoS is when about a hundred or thousand of people/computers are all sending flooded packets to one machine. A DoS attack is on the smaller scale, and it sounds like one guy is doing this to you. I wouldn't really lose too much sleep over this, he's probably a loser with too much free time and he shouldn't be able to actually disrupt your service for a long period of time.

Maybe find out who it is and get their name plastered over the Internet as a piece of shit? The other resources I've provided are just tools you could use to make sure your IP is a bit more safe from public eye. But the best way to make this completely safe is to stop being connected to the internet in the first place. Just facts.

#225 bing bang blaow

bing bang blaow

Super Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,113 posts
  • Demo Clan:starelite
  • Demo Team:??
  • Full Clan:??
  • Fairplay Guid:r0x0r

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

are you sure you are being ddosed lol? last few days ive been seeing guy abuse few glitches in the q3 engine and ppl say hes ddosing lol

Posted Image

#226 sember

sember

FNG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

DoS or ddos, im not sure what to call it but i think DoS would be accurate. But i think nobody used some program directly from hes own pc. I gues its som1 using botnet since there are many free sites and maybe some of them works too.

First i tought that my internet suddenly crashed but then it happened allways when scriming someone so i assume that it is DoS.
I called my ISP just to be sure that there was nothing wrong in my connection what could have caused that. And i never had any problems with it until last week.

Then i changed my ip and started sof without fairplay so my ip didnt show in fairplay site and played without problems 30minutes.  So it could be coincidence as allways but it seems more likely som1 just being sad about somthing and wants to revenge by dossing.

Thank you forgy for ur information. I dont know so much about how internet works etc but if this continues il take deeper look for vpm and proxy server.
Il still sleep well, tough its just annoying when it happens sometimes after i stop playing sof and are watching some movie/series from netflix.
I still didnt get it how players can get others ip's on server without using fp. Atleast i didnt get to know anyones ip playing on public server without fp.

#227 Guest_forgylicious_*

Guest_forgylicious_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

Yeah it is annoying, I gotta agree there. Sounds like some loser just fucking with you, and that's annoying. I mean, I'll see if I can talk to shifty on mumble sometime about fairplay's website details and such, but I doubt that he has much time to tamper with fairplay.

The way they get another user's IP on the server is through use of RCON commands or some other commands that I am not recalling at the moment. You don't necessarily have to be using fairplay for them to see your IP address while you're in the server.

Hell, they could have your IP from other places too. If they have you added on a messenger such as Skype, your IP address is public. Administrators on this forum can see your IP address whenever you simply post here. Etc.

#228 sember

sember

FNG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

Ok yeah thats what i meant, i dont have those players on my skype or msn or anything and im 99% sure that they only take ip:s from fairplay site since its fast,easy and accurate.
I know that with admins and by rcon u can get that ip, but on our own server players cant get it anyway since they dont have rcon or admins.
If they try to hunt my fp from some forums then theyre just total nolifers and i dont think that they would see so much trouble just to dos me.

But thanks for ur effort and i try to figure out somthing if hiding that ip from fairplay is too troublesome for shifty, he has already used lot of resources making fp and i respect him about that :) That taking ip off was just suggestion wich i tought would be good to avoid situations like mine be so easy for angry sof2 kids.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users