Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  forgylicious : (24 March 2024 - 03:20 PM) LIFE
@  forgylicious : (24 March 2024 - 03:20 PM) IS
@  forgylicious : (24 March 2024 - 03:19 PM) AMEX
@  3v.e : (20 March 2024 - 02:08 PM) yo I'll take your money. Always dreamed about being a pro SoF player
@  Peter : (19 March 2024 - 03:12 PM) Or even a tournament for any prize I am willing to finance 300 euros
@  Peter : (19 March 2024 - 03:11 PM) Let's do some kind of event where for a whole weekend we try to get as many people back into the game
@  VoDkA : (14 March 2024 - 04:01 AM) Miss this game. Shout out to |BoM| abu(cheese), solid blood (Geoff) hope all is welll with all the rest of you too
@  Peter : (13 March 2024 - 11:38 AM) damn childhood :(
@  TRUE : (23 February 2024 - 10:36 AM) candyman
@  LuPeK : (20 February 2024 - 10:06 AM) Woooo
@  Bullz0r : (09 February 2024 - 10:30 PM) The demo is dead i see xD
@  Bullz0r : (09 February 2024 - 10:22 PM) Lol hows going here? 
@  mrface:) : (18 January 2024 - 11:08 PM) Great memories here, I hope you all are doing well in life and everything else !
@  method : (28 December 2023 - 06:46 PM) on demo ?
@  method : (28 December 2023 - 06:46 PM) xillax still play
@  XILLAX : (27 December 2023 - 03:57 PM) AMEX
@  XILLAX : (27 December 2023 - 03:57 PM) 4
@  XILLAX : (27 December 2023 - 03:57 PM) LIFE
@  TRUE : (19 December 2023 - 03:40 PM) candyman
@  method : (18 December 2023 - 06:31 PM) ;]
@  Sharpy : (17 December 2023 - 09:19 PM) total NA supremacy
@  method : (16 December 2023 - 09:42 PM) [font='comic sans ms'][size=5]dead[/size][/font]
@  method : (16 December 2023 - 09:40 PM) :excl:  :excl:
@  method : (16 December 2023 - 09:40 PM) :ph34r:
@  method : (16 December 2023 - 09:39 PM) anyone here ?
@  method : (16 December 2023 - 02:07 PM) siema gdzie da rade sciagnac sof2 ? :D
@  TRUE : (22 October 2023 - 10:47 PM) candyman
@  DeadMan. : (19 October 2023 - 07:35 AM) Hello
@  forgylicious : (10 October 2023 - 05:59 AM) NEWBS AMEX IS FOR LIFE AND THE ONLY TEAM IN DEMOBASE THAT WAS WORTH A DAME FUCK CODE AND FUCK ZIONI
@  forgylicious : (10 October 2023 - 05:59 AM) shift, the redirects are so fucked that sending a message in private messages is impossible. YO UPDATE IP BOARDS NOOB

Photo

School system

6 replies to this topic

#1 Haapis

Haapis

Troll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 03:12 PM

Have you ever wondered how much better it could be?

http://vapaus.net/tekstit_23e.html

#2 Butcher

Butcher

Cup Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,681 posts
  • Demo Clan:Hunting 4 Stars
  • Demo Team:Avelgem
  • Fairplay Guid:h4x0r

Posted 09 September 2007 - 03:29 PM

I aint gona read that

butcher.png
smallcupsilver.gif 2008 - The Great katana Cup - sK.
smallcupsilver.gif 2009 - Noobroom Clan tournament - 3v.
smallcupgold.gif 2009 - Facing Worlds - 3v.
smallcupsilver.gif 2010 - Demobase INF Team Cup III - Avelgem
smallcupsilver.gif 2010 - Demobase INF Open Cup VI - Ks.
smallcupbronze.gif 2010 - Demobase Nations Cup V - Belgium

smallcupbronze.gif 2014 - SOFII demo 2014 Cup - Avelgem

#3 maniman

maniman

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 03:30 PM

Its about uuuffoooo'ssss

Mirror-retarded-down-syndrome.gif

#4 Murdoc

Murdoc

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Fairplay Guid:002e9

Posted 09 September 2007 - 03:52 PM

I don't entirely agree with this. Where do you draw the line between, something you just must know/learn, and something that you're not interested in, and thereby not learn it.
At most schools, the last 3-4 years, you can choose what classes you want. Of course there are the manditory classes but there are quite a few courses you have the freedom to choose.

Giving kids too much freedom is not entirely a good thing. For some people this ''plan'' might work, but I think a majority of the kids/teenagers lack the self-discipline to go educate themselves.

Sounds fun and all, but i guarentee if this happens @ your school, boundries will be made and you will not notice a difference.

#5 aCid

aCid

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 03:57 PM

I don't entirely agree with this. Where do you draw the line between, something you just must know/learn, and something that you're not interested in, and thereby not learn it.
At most schools, the last 3-4 years, you can choose what classes you want. Of course there are the manditory classes but there are quite a few courses you have the freedom to choose.

Giving kids too much freedom is not entirely a good thing. For some people this ''plan'' might work, but I think a majority of the kids/teenagers lack the self-discipline to go educate themselves.

Sounds fun and all, but i guarentee if this happens @ your school, boundries will be made and you will not notice a difference.

agree

#6 Haapis

Haapis

Troll

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:38 PM

Imagine a school where you can learn whatever you like to. No limits.
I am sure that every human is curious to learn and in this community you must if you want to get money to buy your bacon. You would at some stage start to learn if you had the possibility.

Our school system is based on forcing you to go to school. That is why the attitude usually is against school. If it would actually be fun. It would be made fun to learn you would go there.

I don't respect the system we use now. 'Stolen childhood'. One of the slogans i've always liked is that you must live 110% all the time. To have the best life what is possible. By sitting in lessons i dont care it's not possible. Half of the lessons are not usefull after your school.
For example we must learn 5 courses swedish in Finland. For me it means that i waste 5 hours a week because of this shit. I aint going to write the subject in matriculation examination. I'd rather more learn japan than that.

Just finished a essey of this matter and got a speech on the next week.
Was only curious to see your opinions. But honestly i didnt expect anyone to read it.

#7 Seych

Seych

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:48 PM

Every system has it flaws and that system will have more of them than this current system. If kids will just do whatever they want and in the end pick up something they are interested in, we'd only have a chessclub (quite a small), football team and a huge sof 2 team. The reason why studying is so regulated in lower schools is because the kids dont know what they'll need in the future life. If you take a hundred 8-14 year olds and let em do whatever they want in the "school" and check in after a year, you'll see that only a percentage of around 5 have actually learned enough maths to do grocery shopping, perhaps 10 have learned somethin about history while reading a lot. Stuff like geography, biography, physics, chemistry and languages would be neglected as well. When when the kids turn like say 20, they notice that they actually need to make money and get a job, they start studying for that job and notice that they simply dont know any basics. So everyone will forget about the higher school education, too much work at that point. So the universities and other higher schools would loose a lot of students. Luckily while the economical and scientific development of the country would collapse, we would have a lot of actors, directors, musicians, painters, writers and other artists making logos and adds for our multiplied athletes and css heroes. And the people who just couldnt blossom in any of the arts or sports, would find jobs that dont require studying because they've never been forced to do anything in their lives and for sure can't now be bothered in spending good freetime for starting all the studies from the beginning. They will probably also have problems in settling to the working life and not being able to play whole day.

The purpose of the education system is to teach the basic skills to be able to communicate and survive in everyday life, to find out one's talents and special skills and then guide that person to study such subjects so that the society can get the best out of each member, school also teaches that life aint always about getting to do what you want. It teaches kids discipline to become a productive member of the society and actually do some work. The older you grow, the more freedom you get in the studies. The older you grow the better you know what you want and whats really the best for you. It all sums up.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users