Jump to content


Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  skyloline : (21 September 2026 - 02:56 PM) hello
@  bing bang blaow : (18 August 2026 - 01:18 PM) any way to see pics from the baked cakes when some guys joined amex? remembered that fun stuff haha
@  oz0rs : (03 August 2026 - 08:06 PM) feking eggs kosmks :@
@  Fastlain : (10 July 2026 - 02:14 PM) https://www.mediafir...o/DEMO.zip/file
@  Fastlain : (10 July 2026 - 02:14 PM) /connect 85.144.232.228:20100 8 pm ces
@  Fastlain : (10 July 2026 - 02:13 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=5rXCwsV_3bc
@  Fastlain : (10 July 2026 - 02:13 PM) we still play everyday hitmans 8 a clock
@  RAx* : (03 July 2026 - 04:02 PM) I played this game like 10-15 years ago :D
@  RAx* : (03 July 2026 - 04:01 PM) Hi is this game still working?
@  TRUE : (13 June 2026 - 12:51 AM) candyman
@  dAN-G_ : (03 June 2026 - 05:35 AM) Prsk & Dan-G still going at it
@  Kyro : (25 May 2026 - 10:01 AM) https://www.demobase...vive-the-scene/
@  kansta : (18 May 2026 - 03:03 PM) https://sof2aftermath.online/
@  kansta : (18 May 2026 - 03:02 PM) We play nowdays mix in full https://discord.gg/RF6ukKWNB Join if want play. Firstperson only
@  kansta : (01 May 2026 - 04:17 PM) https://discord.gg/RF6ukKWNB
@  Kyro : (01 May 2026 - 03:21 PM) hop in boys its gonna start soon
@  Fastlain : (01 May 2026 - 03:19 PM) full tournament 1000 price pool, if ppl intrested
@  Fastlain : (01 May 2026 - 03:19 PM) discord.gg/sof2aftermath
@  Fastlain : (21 April 2026 - 02:38 PM) Butcher can only play if he sponser hitman fragnet server
@  kansta : (19 April 2026 - 06:03 PM) https://discord.gg/GF73Qv3dc9 if you need sof2 so join my discord
@  kansta : (19 April 2026 - 06:02 PM) 8pm cest we play
@  Butcher : (18 April 2026 - 08:05 PM) I'm gona play sometime in tea, when is it going?
@  Stark.420 : (09 April 2026 - 07:42 AM) for sure its fun
@  luisu : (08 April 2026 - 09:25 PM) Need to come own some day..
@  Stark.420 : (08 April 2026 - 08:04 PM) /connect 85.144.232.228:20100 8 pm cest
@  ZioNi : (07 April 2026 - 08:17 AM) amex sucks btw
@  ZioNi : (07 April 2026 - 08:17 AM) sup ross
@  Stark.420 : (06 April 2026 - 07:56 PM) https://imgur.com/a/SaGdmwP 20 players in demo tonight, 8 pm CEST
@  Fastlain : (06 April 2026 - 04:01 PM) yo jaron is there away we can do it for you , or help you ?
@  shift : (06 April 2026 - 04:23 AM) dont have the time to maintain it unfortunately

Photo

RPM Demo


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
411 replies to this topic

#401 max

max

    Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

It takes two headshots to kill someone, Katana. First one does like 51 damage, second does like 51 damage. 102 > 100 = death.

Don't change the game. Katana wants one shot headshot kills, go to full.


Exactly, I'm not changing the gameplay, since there are lots of players who wouldn't like that. In 1.00 a headshot does 89 damage, it's not a one-shot kill.

#402 legend

legend

    Elite

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Location:switzerland
  • Demo Clan:(- sw.&t -)
  • Demo Team:-roAD-
  • Fairplay Guid:72541

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

I guess that explains it

Perhaps you want to look at the bullet registration when shots are fired to the head.
I think in full it only takes 1 shot for it to blow up, in demo the player getting shot HAS to be low in order to die a 100% with 1 bullet to the dome



I have to agree with max & forgy. Dont change it! If you need a one-shot-headshot game, go buy one!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#403 fleim

fleim

    Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts
  • Location:Finland

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

what does headshot dmg have to do with bullet reg? the reg is netcode (q3 in this case) related stuff and i still doubt u could make it any better on demo :rolleyes:

but i guess the bad reg on demo is something they were aware of and therefore made it better on the full version(s)
Posted Image

#404 max

max

    Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:47 PM

I fixed the demo crash by the way, the console buffer was too small (256 byte), causing an overflow if you use the "stats" command for example. The buffer is huge now.

#405 katana.

katana.

    Game Recognize Game

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts
  • Demo Team:-023-

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

I'm fine with both, I just thought the majority would prefer it, I guess not. B)
I still like that the bullet reg feels a lot nicer with the mod!

Btw I still get the ''Anti cheat has stopped working'' when I click enable fairplay''
Dont know if you already fixed it or are still planning to

Edited by katana., 24 May 2012 - 02:52 PM.


#406 max

max

    Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

I'm fine with both, I just thought the majority would prefer it, I guess not. B)
I still like that the bullet reg feels a lot nicer with the mod!

Btw I still get the ''Anti cheat has stopped working'' when I click enable fairplay''
Dont know if you already fixed it or are still planning to


I am planning to fix that.

#407 bing bang blaow

bing bang blaow

    Super Elite

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,122 posts
  • Demo Clan:starelite
  • Demo Team:??
  • Full Clan:??
  • Fairplay Guid:r0x0r

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

well someone brought bullet reg in, THIS is slightly related: http://www.rtdquake.com/mods/125.php

maybe max :D?
Posted Image

#408 max

max

    Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

well someone brought bullet reg in, THIS is slightly related: http://www.rtdquake.com/mods/125.php

maybe max :D?


Give me the source code and I'll check it out. I assume this is garbage, just like the Q3 Unlagged (zeroping) mod.

#409 bing bang blaow

bing bang blaow

    Super Elite

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,122 posts
  • Demo Clan:starelite
  • Demo Team:??
  • Full Clan:??
  • Fairplay Guid:r0x0r

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

uhh ok, i never tried it myself but on paper it looks good. guess not then
Posted Image

#410 katana.

katana.

    Game Recognize Game

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts
  • Demo Team:-023-

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

oh yea, add a minimize function to rpm? I cant minimize without fp (not even with ctrl alt dlt since it doesn't show the window)

#411 bing bang blaow

bing bang blaow

    Super Elite

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,122 posts
  • Demo Clan:starelite
  • Demo Team:??
  • Full Clan:??
  • Fairplay Guid:r0x0r

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

Give me the source code and I'll check it out. I assume this is garbage, just like the Q3 Unlagged (zeroping) mod.

but I thought all the competitive mods implemented unlagged code into their mods later on? in q3? and for instance QLive doesn't have fps dependant physics anymore etc
Posted Image

#412 max

max

    Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

but I thought all the competitive mods implemented unlagged code into their mods later on? in q3? and for instance QLive doesn't have fps dependant physics anymore etc


Unlagged is a zeroping mod, tries to reduce the advantage of players with a low ping. Doesn't involve making the physics FPS independent. Making the physics FPS independent seems fine, but it would be too difficult to implement without the SDK.


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users