Toggle shoutbox
Shoutbox
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
do animals have soul ?
#1
Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:05 PM
#2
Guest_forgylicious_*
Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:03 PM
Short answer: No.
Long answer: No.
A good documentary to prove my point: http://en.wikipedia....iki/Grizzly_Man
It's on Noobroom. Have fun, and remember, animals don't have souls. They are instinctual, like programs who have instincts built into them. If you think animals contain an ability comparable to humans with decision making, you're dead wrong. Animals survive, humans are simply more intuitive at survival due to us being super-intelligent compared to most animals.
The only place you might have any chance at being right are with two mammals, elephants and dolphins. And IMO, humans are smarter than dolphins.
Your title is kinda ambiguous as well. Are you implicitly stating that humans have souls, because I disagree with you. Define what a "soul" is for me without any religious context.
Edited by forgylicious, 29 January 2013 - 02:05 PM.
#3
Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:54 PM
#4
Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:38 PM
I meant feelings.
Edited by Activee, 29 January 2013 - 03:41 PM.
#5
Guest_forgylicious_*
Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:56 PM
you should watch that gorilla on youtube called koko or kaka. He learned hand language however you call it. When Someone told it its kitten died she cried.
I meant feelings.
If you meant feelings, then please look in your local dictionary and look up the word "soul". This is the second topic you have created in the past week with a completely ambiguous title. If you want people to read your original post, at least have a decent title.
Also, how the HELL is this topic in the beautiful minds forum? You REALLY asking our opinions whether or not animals can convey emotion? Have you ever owned a dog before? Any pet? My dog cries and yelps when I am packing bags to go somewhere because she does not want me to abandon her. If that's not an emotion, I don't know what else is.
TIL that Active just learned animals can convey emotion. It is as if you saw something interesting on your facebook news feed when you woke up this morning and decided to share it with the "Beautiful Minds" of demobase. LMAO at the irony.
I suggest to the administrators to rename this forum to something more appropriate or ban Active from posting here. Thanks
Read into Jane Goodall's scientific studies.
Edited by forgylicious, 29 January 2013 - 03:58 PM.
#6
Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:44 PM
But when you answered srsly, the subject actually interested me.
Yeah what's soul then ? you tell me. It's not like it's easy to describe. I used that word because I had no intention of going deep into this but you can put pretty much anything behind that word. So what for you is the difference between animals and humans ?
You are so sure your old cat has feelings for you. How can you be so sure it isn't the old proust memory of you giving him cookies that makes him so happy ?
Or the dog of that old man seems so sad the owner is very sick. How can you be so sure he didn't figured out nobody will feed him ?
PS: I never had animals if I did I would know you don't feed cookies to cats.
Edited by Activee, 29 January 2013 - 04:57 PM.
#7
Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:46 PM
#8
Guest_forgylicious_*
Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:58 PM
the title was meant to troll you out till the end of the picture. So does the section where I posted this. You've been hoisted by your own petard.
But when you answered srsly, the subject actually interested me.
Wot? Son, please at least use google translate in your own language, because then at least you MIGHT sound comprehensible.
But I will do my best to understand, because that's the kinda guy I am, a generous guy. The title was not meant as a troll, but good excuse nonetheless, the simple fact of the matter that you consistently make the same stupid titles and judging from the quality of your demeanor in these topics proves my point.
I never answered seriously, by the by, I was merely mocking your choice of words and sudden discovery that animals have the ability to convey emotions at the age of, what... 20?
Yeah what's soul then ? you tell me. It's not like it's easy to describe. I used that word because I had no intention of going deep into this but you can put pretty much anything behind that word. So what for you is the difference between animals and humans ?
And what is soul?
Definition of SOUL
1
: the immaterial essence, animating principle, or actuating cause of an individual life
2
a : the spiritual principle embodied in human beings, all rational and spiritual beings, or the universe
b capitalized Christian Science : god 1b
3
: a person's total self
4
a : an active or essential part
b : a moving spirit : leader
5
a : the moral and emotional nature of human beings
b : the quality that arouses emotion and sentiment
c : spiritual or moral force : fervor
6
: person <not a soul in sight>
7
: personification <she is the soul of integrity>
8
a : a strong positive feeling (as of intense sensitivity and emotional fervor) conveyed especially by black American performers
b : negritude
c : soul music
d : soul food
e : soul brother
Choose the one you think you were describing for me and I will give you a better answer of what you were trying to discuss.
And if you must know my opinion, the difference between an animal and human to me was mentioned in my first post. A human is an animal, however, we do not consider animals to be human. Humans are humans due to their intelligence and willpower in decision making. Most animals do not possess such intelligence or will like humans do, some mammals do, but if you are sitting here telling me that a squirrel outside is spending hours all day pondering the philosophy of Karl Marx, then you're fucking dead wrong. I think a Squirrel is concerned with one thing, gathering acorns to survive the winter.
---
PS. Try harder, Doctorfunk. Because this is too easy for me, I need a challenge.
Edited by forgylicious, 29 January 2013 - 05:00 PM.
#9
Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:58 PM
Forgy: You're still trying to hard
Edited by asrael, 29 January 2013 - 04:59 PM.
im supoerhero
marvel asked me to be next xmen
but i refused to join their team
i said .|E for life
#10
Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:00 PM
Chimps have amazing skills in problem solving. Well there is a video on youtube that amazed me but I can't find it out.
Edited by Activee, 29 January 2013 - 05:04 PM.
#11
Guest_forgylicious_*
Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:01 PM
"Oh, he's too well-spoken, too smart for us. He always mocks us and trolls us, let's just say he tries too hard". Oh how inadequate you must all feel living a false reality. Go back to cooking liver in a kitchen that is almost as clean and pale as your face.
Edited by forgylicious, 29 January 2013 - 05:01 PM.
#12
Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:01 PM
'course you would say that.Soul is easy to describe: non-existent.
Forgy: You're still trying to hard
#13
Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:02 PM
I actually laughed, thanks ;d'course you would say that.
im supoerhero
marvel asked me to be next xmen
but i refused to join their team
i said .|E for life
#14
Guest_forgylicious_*
Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:02 PM
'course you would say that.
Get it, cause he's a ginger.
#15
Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:04 PM
Yeah, I'm trying super hard. That's the saddest excuse of a population that can't beat me.
"Oh, he's too well-spoken, too smart for us. He always mocks us and trolls us, let's just say he tries too hard". Oh how inadequate you must all feel living a false reality. Go back to cooking liver in a kitchen that is almost as clean and pale as your face.
ho humility !
#16
Guest_forgylicious_*
Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:10 PM
ho humility !
I'm bored today too. Let's start posting two word posts in an effort to dumb down everybody and make forgy look stupid, but in reality I just make myself look like a moron who posts stupid topics! -Activee
Please, clean my Demobase floor with a broom and get rid of all of these shitty topics. If you have nothing good to say, don't say it at all.
#17
Guest_forgylicious_*
Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:10 PM
#18
Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:16 PM
#19
Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:17 PM
I do. My cell skin is alive also but it doesn't mean it has one. The real question is where is the line. And nobody knows. You just have to put it somewhere. That's how abortion is born.active, you are an animal. do you have a soul?
Soul is the ability to enjoy good music.
Edited by Activee, 29 January 2013 - 05:22 PM.
#20
Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:21 PM
there's always money in banana stand
Edited by bing bang blaow, 29 January 2013 - 05:22 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users




