Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  strijder : (01 September 2014 - 10:32 PM) mix@killer_dep1 !
@  Stark.420 : (01 September 2014 - 07:05 PM) http://i.imgur.com/0TwUDnG.jpg :P
@  Stark.420 : (01 September 2014 - 06:58 PM) .
@  strijder : (01 September 2014 - 04:04 PM) mix@
@  Stark.420 : (31 August 2014 - 05:43 PM) iemand
@  Stark.420 : (31 August 2014 - 04:57 PM) http://www.demobase....view=getnewpost
@  Mahi : (29 August 2014 - 09:12 AM) #GB11
@  strijder : (28 August 2014 - 05:06 PM) Hala madrid # Cr7.
@  strijder : (27 August 2014 - 09:11 PM) mix@KillerInstinct shop69
@  l'ANGELI... : (27 August 2014 - 01:25 PM) hh zo nu en dan ff mixje op full, best druk
@  Junior : (26 August 2014 - 11:11 PM) zijn er wel nog poppetjes om op te skieden?
@  Junior : (26 August 2014 - 11:11 PM) jhnz, nog steeds mixende l0lz
@  l'ANGELI... : (26 August 2014 - 06:43 PM) mix@volatile
@  Mahi : (26 August 2014 - 04:42 PM) mix@
@  RagaMan : (25 August 2014 - 09:25 PM) mix@TEAJ
@  doctorfunk : (22 August 2014 - 11:15 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=PObvnI_U1qU
@  Sjeikz : (22 August 2014 - 05:31 PM) starelite
@  bucket : (22 August 2014 - 04:47 PM) whats pass to SE
@  Sjeikz : (21 August 2014 - 05:33 PM) @ @ @ @
@  l'ANGELI... : (21 August 2014 - 05:03 PM) @ @ @ @
@  strijder : (21 August 2014 - 04:05 PM) mixx @
@  strijder : (21 August 2014 - 02:08 PM) http://www.primespor...ekent-in-cyprus
@  strijder : (21 August 2014 - 01:56 PM) ja, maar ik was daar niet man ging trainen, woon je in rdam?
@  maniman : (21 August 2014 - 01:36 PM) maar goed man foutje ik dacht dat ik je zag
@  maniman : (21 August 2014 - 01:36 PM) ey hoezo gek daar waren behoorlijk veel meiden gister
@  strijder : (21 August 2014 - 01:26 PM) en btw ik chill niet met boyz, Solo toure:D
@  strijder : (21 August 2014 - 01:25 PM) Kom rotterdam, dan zie je echt wie ik ben broer
@  strijder : (21 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) LoL maniman ben niet eens daar geweest ben je gek ofzow , je hebt verkeerde guy gezien boy
@  halabav : (21 August 2014 - 01:10 PM) someone unban me at starelite server -,-
@  maniman : (21 August 2014 - 05:46 AM) hahaha strijder die gekke kop van je op skate evenement vannacht @ rotterdam, je rolt met jong boys man faka

Photo

RPM 0.789 Download (final beta)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic

#1 max

max

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

Final version 2.0 accepted by FP:
rpm2k3.com/demos.zip
(this program will automatically download the latest mod version, and automatically update upon startup if a new version is available)

Client updates implemented in version 2.0, after version 0.789:
  • Added a Smiley list button and Chat sounds list button to the Settings menu. The smileys are shown in the chat instead of the console, so you'll see all smileys on your screen.
  • Name height in menu: high and low were reversed, this has been corrected.
  • If you start SoF2 with fs_game RPM -- Jaron has added this to FP -- you'll start at the server join menu instead of the options menu. Also, there is a demo menu instead of the parental lock menu, plus you can use the name editor. All settings you change will work right away in any RPM server you join.
  • The name editor (symbols and colors) also works in the main menu now.
  • Added new CS crosshair, the 6th in the list.
  • Changed the picture of the new square crosshair in the Settings menu to a large square.
  • Two options added to the Settings menu: an option to turn off killing spree sounds and an option to disable chat sounds (this was already available before, cg_disableVoiceChat).
  • Recording: demo info is now written (demoname/info.txt) when you disconnect or quit during recording. A screenshot is lacking. Player scores are saved as usual, but they may be outdated, since there's no time to request a server update.
  • Recording: after recording, the statistics of the players are saved. Their names were really short sometimes, this has been fixed.
  • Recording: when recording, the '+' character caused problems in the demo filename, and is replaced now.
  • Recording: forbidden characters were replaced by '#', this has been changed to ' ' and '_'.
  • Playback: controls changed. F1-F15 keys removed, mouse2 sets speed to 100% now, mouse3 opens Playback menu.
  • Playback: screenshot button added.
  • Playback: the field of view and 3rd range are now saved, they aren't reset anymore each time you spectate another player.
  • Playback: included a wallhack that only works during demo playback. It is useful for making movies and for catching hackers.
  • Playback: the CL_ParseServerMessage error -- which happens at the end of each demo playback -- is now suppressed. You'll still return to the main menu, but now the demos menu is automatically opened.
  • Playback: if you float or spectate another player, sounds will be played from the correct direction.
  • Playback: speed options are adjusted, the speed options in the Playback menu and for mouse scroll are now virtually logarithmic.
  • Playback: when spectating another player, his team, health, armor and weapon are shown in the HUD. When floating, most of your HUD is hidden. Some commands which are only relevant to the recording player, are ignored when spectating or floating.
  • Playback: on-screen console added, server console messages are now shown on your screen.
  • Playback: you can now use a minute jump, in addition to the progress jump. All jumps are saved and shown in a listbox.
  • Playback: float speed and mouse sensitivity are added to the Playback menu.
  • Playback: tooltip (i.e. the mouseover explanation) is now disabled during playback, since it was bugged.
  • Playback: follow list was slightly bugged, sometimes players were not shown in the follow list. Fixed this problem.
  • Playback: the about button was bugged, fixed that.
  • Playback: transition from sniper zoom to floating works properly now.
  • Playback: you can jump minutes greater than the demo length, and the demo will be fast forwarded. Checking minute length is the responsibility of the user. User will have to restart SoF2 (or type cg_demoJump 0) to fix this.
  • Playback: when zoomed, the sniper scope is now shown if you use the "HUD: Hide" option.
  • Playback: if percentage jump isn't available, it isn't added to the list anymore if you attempt to jump. The percentage jump shows "Not available" in that case.
  • Playback: mouse lock option added to the playback menu for 3rd person, which is useful for spectating players who utilize 3rd person.
  • Playback: when HUD is hidden, console messages didn't appear. Therefore, another option to show the console only was added.
  • Demos.exe: SoF2 doesn't exit anymore after the demo has been completed.
  • Demos.exe: default sort order changed. Your latest demo's are now shown at the top of the list, and the oldest demo's at the bottom of the list.
  • Demos.exe: column added for the demo length. You can sort the demos according to the demo length.
  • Demos.exe: screenshot button added.
  • Demos.exe: auto updater included. Will update itself and RPM. Will prompt an update upon startup if a new version is available.
  • Demos.exe: info window enlarged, info window font enlarged.
Server updates implemented in version 2.04:
  • All chatsounds are now blocked when a player has disabled chat sounds.
  • Recording wasn't possible after a vid_restart, this has been solved.
  • Team join messages, which appear in your screen, are removed by default. Enable with g_joinMessage.
  • Fixed the "Roff South West" typo in mp_shop
  • The "tell" command shows [pm] now, to clarify that it's a private message.
  • Standard SoF2 bug: a knife disappears if you throw a knife on the ground and pick it up right away. This bug has been fixed.
  • Removed the stutter that happens when someone with a dot in his name connects.
  • Admins are now saved by the first 5 IP characters, so dynamic IP's shouldn't cause any problems anymore (numIpChars 5).
  • In mp_italy, nowhole can now be enabled/disabled by the nolower admin command (!nl).
Known bugs:
  • If you mouse scroll in a listbox, then click somewhere and use arrow keys, the focus is inconsistent.
  • Mouse scrolling doesn't work in a horizontal listbox, such as player identity.
  • Serverlist font is quite large in the main menu. Reduce it to make it equal to the in-game font size.
  • Playback: if you connect to a RMG server and then playback a demo, the world isn't drawn properly. Restart SoF2.
  • Playback: when floating or spectating another player, your own death sound is still played, and your kill sound is still played.
  • Playback: if you jump the same percentage or minutes twice, that jump is still added to the list.
  • Playback: the timescale is not reset immediately if you use the connect command during playback.

Edited by max, 02 March 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#2 dvz

dvz

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • Demo Clan:c4.

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

Don't take it as a suggestion cause I really don't care about it but I was wondering (maybe it already excists in your mod), Viri showed me the program ReFrag yesterday and we could watch his demo for example and if his enemy or his teammate was close to him in some certain distance we could spec them (optional by scoreboard click) until the distrance between them in the map changed. I thought you might have done it here as well and I just don't know how to activate it since some features are really similiar (mouse1/2/timescaling/fov/3rd/watch from the side etc)

#3 max

max

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:44 PM

Spectating other players during playback is possible. There are 2 ways:

• 1. During demo playback, hit escape, so that the Playback menu will open. At the right bottom of your screen, you'll see PLAYERS. Click on a player to spectate that player. You can only spectate players who are close to you -- if a player gets too far away, the camera automatically returns to the recording player. The players menu is updated automatically.
  • 2. Alternatively, you can spectate other players using your numeric keys. If you use the name beacons, each player will have a number behind his nickname which is the player ID (for example, you'll see DevaZ [2], player ID is 2). Then you can use your numeric 2 key to spectate that player. This is why it is helpful to draw the enemy names, so you can see their player ID as well and spectate them (see Playback menu -> Enemy Beacon).

#4 dvz

dvz

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • Demo Clan:c4.

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:16 AM

Amazing just like I thought!

Why there is no text at the top btw? :( like who just died or who i killed etc, its not shown while watching the demo, and WTF when you do /stats to leo he has RPM 0.79 while its not out yet? :unsure:

#5 max

max

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

Amazing just like I thought!

Why there is no text at the top btw? :( like who just died or who i killed etc, its not shown while watching the demo, and WTF when you do /stats to leo he has RPM 0.79 while its not out yet? :unsure:

I'll try to fix the console text at the top, thanks for the suggestion, added to the list.

Leo must be using a fake/edited/hacked mod.

#6 Doge

Doge

so headshot, very skill, much pro... wow.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:05 PM

is it fixed that when you press jump button the demo wont stop and wont return you back to sof menu?

I wanted it to be like that if you press jump button, you can control/move camera the way you want (free look). It's good for making sof movies.

#7 max

max

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

is it fixed that when you press jump button the demo wont stop and wont return you back to sof menu?

I wanted it to be like that if you press jump button, you can control/move camera the way you want (free look). It's good for making sof movies.

Returning to the menu when you press random keys doesn't happen anymore. A floating mode (free look) is available now, plus you add cameras. You can either use the Playback menu for this, or use hotkeys (left mouseclick switches between 1st/3rd/float, Insert adds a camera, F1-F12 loads a camera). See rpm2k3.com for a screenshot of the Playback menu.

#8 Doge

Doge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

Returning to the menu when you press random keys doesn't happen anymore. A floating mode (free look) is available now, plus you add cameras. You can either use the Playback menu for this, or use hotkeys (left mouseclick switches between 1st/3rd/float, Insert adds a camera, F1-F12 loads a camera). See rpm2k3.com for a screenshot of the Playback menu.

awesome :o really great job man B)

#9 fkh

fkh

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Full Clan:sg, MDK, dTeam
  • Fairplay Guid:cad65

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

Since there isn't a suggestion topic open anymore: Max, can you make a command like /rcon(or admin) maplist , to see the maps that are in the servers database? Would be awesome!
Posted ImageFairplay Cup v1.00 II - {{{MDK}}}
Posted ImageMurder Death Kill Clancup - dTeam

#10 max

max

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:17 PM

Since there isn't a suggestion topic open anymore: Max, can you make a command like /rcon(or admin) maplist , to see the maps that are in the servers database? Would be awesome!

That command already exists! You can use "adm maplist", or simply "!ml" in the chat.

#11 The Situation

The Situation

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts
  • Demo Clan:SOF BEFORE HOES
  • Demo Team:G-UNIT
  • Full Clan:.cGo
  • Fairplay Guid:leo<3

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:22 PM

for people whos ip change from time to time maybe u should fix so u can have an admin password so u can get it back when u chagned ip?

hope u understand what i ment
Only god can judge me

nic aka The Situation

I got so much money i should start a bank

Posted Image Number one Panam fan

Posted Image

#12 max

max

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

for people whos ip change from time to time maybe u should fix so u can have an admin password so u can get it back when u chagned ip?

hope u understand what i ment

The first Admin Mod for SoF2 included several admin passwords. Eventually they were removed and the IP&Name system from RPM replaced it since it is superior. Other players have suggested an admin password before, but I don't think it's a good idea. Often there are clan disputes, and players could share the password with others easily (or even broadcast it in the server). Therefore, I'm not planning to build such a feature in the mod.

Usually the admins IP addresses stay within a certain range (i.e. only the last few numbers of the IP change). In that case, the numIpChars server side cvar can be used. This cvar specifies the number of characters used for IP comparison. For example, if the server uses numIpChars 4, only the first 4 characters of the IP address will be used for comparison (so if the IP is 123.456.78.90, only 123. will be used for comparison). You can change the numIpChars cvar in the Main Settings in our control panel. There's a downside though: players who have the same IP range can "steal" your name and obtain admin powers.

Since many players have this problem lately, I may change this in our default configuration, so that numIpChars 4 will be the default value.

Edited by max, 17 January 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#13 /2eality

/2eality

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Full Clan:-|HsS|-
  • Fairplay Guid:ReaLz

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

Max when some unnamedplayer connects to a server then sometimes me and people around me suddenly make rare moves and shoot somewhere without pressing any key.. Mostly people think the connecting player is hacking then. U know what i mean?
Posted ImageElite Cup v1.00 ~ NxS
Posted ImageFairplay Cup III v1.00 ~ cGo

#14 The Situation

The Situation

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts
  • Demo Clan:SOF BEFORE HOES
  • Demo Team:G-UNIT
  • Full Clan:.cGo
  • Fairplay Guid:leo<3

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

Max when some unnamedplayer connects to a server then sometimes me and people around me suddenly make rare moves and shoot somewhere without pressing any key.. Mostly people think the connecting player is hacking then. U know what i mean?

no its when the guy who connect has a dot in his name
Only god can judge me

nic aka The Situation

I got so much money i should start a bank

Posted Image Number one Panam fan

Posted Image

#15 max

max

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:19 PM

Yeah I know what you mean, that bug has existed for a long time. When someone connects, everyone will start making weird moves and shoot randomly. Sometimes you also change firing mode. I don't know why or when it happens.

#16 Slizer

Slizer

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts
  • Full Clan:{{{MDK}}}
  • Fairplay Guid:SL1ZY

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

That demo playback is beautiful, max!
Posted Image

#17 N3it1

N3it1

FNG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

Option to remove info who has joined the server would be cool. Now it is in the middle of my screen and servers that has lots of traffic its pain in the ass.

#18 max

max

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

That demo playback is beautiful, max!

Thanks Carl! If you have suggestions, please post them here.

Option to remove info who has joined the server would be cool. Now it is in the middle of my screen and servers that has lots of traffic its pain in the ass.

These messages are already disabled in competition mode. I'm not sure if they should be completely disabled. I guess they could, since you'll still see the "<player> is connecting..." message, players usually say hi when they enter the server, and most players check the scoreboard regularly. What do you and others think about completely disabling the "<player> has joined the <team>" screen messages?

#19 bing bang blaow

bing bang blaow

Super Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,111 posts
  • Demo Clan:starelite
  • Demo Team:??
  • Full Clan:??
  • Fairplay Guid:r0x0r

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

Yeah I know what you mean, that bug has existed for a long time. When someone connects, everyone will start making weird moves and shoot randomly. Sometimes you also change firing mode. I don't know why or when it happens.

pmed
Posted Image

#20 Doge

Doge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

These messages are already disabled in competition mode. I'm not sure if they should be completely disabled. I guess they could, since you'll still see the "<player> is connecting..." message, players usually say hi when they enter the server, and most players check the scoreboard regularly. What do you and others think about completely disabling the "<player> has joined the <team>" screen messages?

those messages are annoying indeed, disable them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users